Thursday, June 24, 2010

PFL: Perfectly Dateless by Kristin Billerbeck

There are many different memes out there for bloggers to feature the books they're really, really looking forward to. Unfortunately, none of them really meet my needs as I tend to find books I consider my possible future loves in droves rather than one at a time. And I don't feel like featuring those books in droves either. When I fall for a book before its pub date, that usually means something! That means, from now on, you will occasionally (or for the next few weeks: quite some days) find this new feature here.



Perfectly Dateless by Kristin Billerbeck
pub date: July 1, 2010

Summary from GoodReads:

Daisy Crispin has 242 days to find the right date for the prom. There's only one problem--her parents won't let her date or even talk to a guy on the phone. Oh, and she's totally invisible at school, has to wear lame homemade clothes, and has no social skills. Okay, so maybe there's more than one problem. Can she talk her parents into letting her go to the prom? Or will they succeed at their obvious attempt to completely ruin her life? With hilarious and truthful writing, Kristin Billerbeck uncovers the small--and large--mortifications that teen girls encounter. Readers will fall in love with Daisy's sharp wit and resourcefulness as she navigates the world of boys, fashion, family, and friendship.



Oh, YA chick lit? I'm German, for those who haven't figured it out yet, so the concept of a prom is not all that familiar to me. But I am intrigued and I think by now I know how important it is to go to the prom with a suitable date. What I know very well, though, is the whole dateless situation, Daisy finds herself in. So yes, I can't wait to read this one!

No comments: