Friday, June 04, 2010

48 Hour Book Challenge

Usually, I am not very good with dates - and MotherReader's 48 Hour Book Challenge just proves that. I thought I had another week to recover from my USA trip to visit part of my family there and attend BEA and Book Blogger Con, but well, apparently I could have started reading this morning already. So I am going to start now and we'll see how it goes.

My goals for this weekend will be rather simple.

I need to finish up the two texts for university (I have to write an essay on one of the texts, so this will happen during a time where I feel very awake!).

And then I'm reading The Passage by Justin Cronin, which I have as an ARC (picked up at BEA 2010!) and An Angel From Hell by Ryan A. Conklin.

Wish me luck that I'll make it! My starting time is 20 minutes from now!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm participating in the 48 Hour Challenge as well. Good luck and happy reading!

Grace
Books Like Breathing

JHS said...

Visiting from the Saturday Network. Looks like you will have a busy weekend reading & writing . . . I will come back to read about your trip to America. Interestingly, I have a friend from school here in California who has been living in Germany for many years. He is a professional singer and the town he lives in sounds really lovely. I would love to visit one day.

JHS
Colloquium

MotherReader said...

Definitely good luck. I don't know if I could do intense textbook reading, but hats off to you!

Unknown said...

Thanks, girls! I had a fun time with the 48 Hour Book Challenge, even though I didn't do too well. I blame it on BEA week the week before ;) And even though I forgot to mention it in my summary, I did get some textbook reading done (just some Hawthorne, though).

JHS, that is wonderful! It is amazing how small the world sometimes can be... If you visit Germany, please let me know! I can be your guide in Frankfurt, if you'd like! As for my report on my fabulous time in America - I should get to that later this week...