Monday, June 07, 2010

48 Hour Book Challenge - the sad summary

Let's make this a short one, okay? I'm still not my old self and slept soooo much last weekend, I only got about 4-5 hours of reading in. But I did make a nice dent in both my current books:



An Angel From Hell by Ryan A. Conklin

This is a very interesting book and (I think) despite the serious topic, Ryan Conklin's wonderful sense of humor still shows! In case you haven't heard about An Angel from Hell yet: It is a memoir of a very young Iraq war veteran (he enlisted in the aftermath of 9/11, pretty much as soon as he turned 17).




The Passage by Justin Cronin

I seriously recommend you re-think your decision if you haven't pre-ordered this book yet. I am very cautious with hyped books, but so far this one holds true to all the promises! It is out for sale TOMORROW, so you might want to hurry and get a copy before you hear all the wonderful details!



3 comments:

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Not to bad. that's a hard challenge

Kathleen said...

Hey, that's 4-5 hours you didn't have read before right? Good for you!

BTW, I created a spot where you can link to your reviews for the Books about TV challenge here

Unknown said...

Thanks, girls! You're right, of course. At least I got some reading in my schedule :)