Sunday, June 27, 2010

In My Mailbox monday (June 27)

In My Mailbox is a weekly event exploring the books I found in my mailbox and is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie. To join in, please visit Kristi's blog!

Mailbox Mondays is a weekly event hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page. To join, please visit her blog!

This week was fairly quiet. I received one book (Angus), which I had ordered last week because I want to read the book before I watch the movie. The other two books were pretty sponaneous acquisitions. In other words: I can't leave a book store without buying a book *sigh*


Angus, Thongs And Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison



Precious aka Push by Sapphire



The Best American Short Stories 2009 by Alice Sebold & Heidi Pitlor (eds.)



3 comments:

Linna said...

Angus, Thongs And Full-Frontal Snogging!!!! Absolutely HILARIOUS, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Never watched the movie myself, but the books made me laugh so much it hurt.

I understand how you can't leave a bookstore without buying something, it's a tough habit. :d

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Precious. I haven't seen the movie yet, and I'm still not sure I want to see it or read the book.

Enjoy your new books.

Unknown said...

Yes, Linna! I had to get Angus because I have the DVD and want to read the book first. I am absolutely sure I will love it! With a plot like that it can't be boring XD
And I'm glad you understand the impossibility of leaving a book store without at least one new book in hand.

Anna, I will hurry up with Precious / Push. I only have a small stack that I want to read first - and 4 weeks from now I'll finally be on summer break!