Tuesday, May 07, 2013

[Top 10 Tuesday] Light & Fun Reads



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is: Top Ten Light & Fun Reads

1) Susan Elizabeth Philipps is always a winner in the "light & fun" category. Her novels are not for the younger readers (I would say age 16+), but I cannot leave her off this list.

2) Both of Ally Carter's series (Gallagher Girls and Heist Society) are fun, relatively easy, and engaging. On top of that, they're also action packed. For me, they're a go-to and I wish she would write faster.

3) Nancy Drew mysteries are not only light and fun, they're also short. I mostly listen to them as audio books, but so far I've never been disappointed.

4) Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries are hilarious!

5) P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeve short stories! They're absolutely hilarious and I love that you nonetheless get a good insight in the life of aristocratic people and their servants at that time.

6) Tera Lynn Childs' Oh.My.Gods certainly falls into this category. The main character is a descendant of one of the Greek gods through her Dad which means she has special powers that she is slowly getting to know in the book.

What about you? Can you recommend any light & fun reads?


6 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Meg Cabot and Nancy Drew are great suggestions! Thank you.

Here's my list of Light-&-Fun ideas.

Anonymous said...

I used to love the Nancy Drew books! Great list.

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I used to love reading Meg Cabot when I was younger! Great list :)

Here's my Top Ten!

Susan said...

I didn't even think of Nancy Drew, but you're right, those are definitely light, fun books. And Terra Lynn Childs is also a great pick - her mermaid books are fun, although not my favorite.

Happy TTT!

Kay said...

Meg Cabot made my list as well! She writes the the perfect light and fun reads.

My Top Ten

Stephanie @ Love. Life. Read said...

Great list! I have picked up Oh My Gods but ended up not getting it read before I returned it to the library. I will have to get it picked up another day.

Happy Reading!

My Top Ten