Tuesday, May 21, 2013

[Top 10 Tuesday] Cover Love



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read (in no particular order)


I love the James Bond feeling of this cover with the girly colors. It gets me in a good mood right away & if fits the book perfectly, if you ask me.


For some reason, it just calms me down to look at the two lower body halves of the very different girls who switch their lives in this book.


I love America's dress! It's as simple as that, I can look at the dress for hours!


The German cover of The Iron Duke is so much more appealing to me than the other covers I've seen. (I took this one from Goodreads.) It is one of the few series I buy translated to German because the covers are just beautiful. I love the feel and the colors. The Iron Duke looks like a manga picture of the man I picture whenever I read about him.


Doesn't the girl just rock this cover? She looks a little bad-ass with quite some spunk - and you have the Greek pillars right next to her. It's simply, but I really like it!


This is another case of "that dress" swooning for me. I love the color and wish I could own or at least wear a dress like that just once. It's beautiful!


This cover stands in lieu of all the covers in this series. On first sight, they have this quaint feeling that goes perfectly with the setting, but when you look closer, you will usually find some hint to the murderous affairs that happen in the books. I love how they always manage to pull it off!


This cover just drips with dark humor (as does the book!)!!!


If you are a nerd like me, you'll probably love Star Wars and the thought of Origami Yoda itself makes you laugh. This book not only has an origami Yoda on the cover, it also shows you how to reproduce him... How cool is that?!


Can I have her hair, please? Really, whenever I look at that cover, that's what I think right away. I want her hair, and I want it bad! LOL And it has this easy-going feeling, just like the story...

What are your favorite book covers?


5 comments:

Christina & Melissa @ Allodoxophobia said...

I picked The Selection too, whoever designed that is a genius!

Anonymous said...

The Selection is a popular choice today. It is such a gorgeous cover!

Susan said...

Oh, I love the SOPHOMORE SWITCH one. Totally cute. I also really like the MRRO one - it does fit the story/tone of the book really well.

Happy TTT!

Linda said...

Pretty dresses get me every time.I have Selection and The Girl In the Steel Corset on my list too.

Daniela said...

I adore the dress in The Girl in the Steel Corset. Wonderful cover and wonderful book!