Thursday, May 16, 2013

[Bout of Books] Update & General Thoughts

Until 10:30am this morning, I was determined to finally write a review I've been planning. And then I remembered that after work, I'd have my first Lamaze class. Each class takes two hours, so I knew then that I'd be coming home late. And now, after some relaxing and dinner, it's almost midnight. There is no way I can coherently type up my thoughts. So I decided to wait until tomorrow.

However, it is not like I haven't been thinking about books and reading lately, especially with Bout of Books. So, first a short update on how that has been going:

I so far read for about 6 hours this week, but I haven't finished anything yet. This is such a fail! But between work, university, a doctor's appointment, and the Lamaze class, I didn't have much spare time. This, hopefully, will be better during the next 4 days - and lucky me, Monday is a holiday here, so I will be reading on Monday as well. I am working on the last few pages of The Maze Runner and The Selection. By tomorrow, I should at least have finished one book.

And then a general thought:

I have been on a semi-successful book-buying ban (more like a limitation) since January and in theory it is going on until the end of the year. My basic goal was to read at least 3 more books than I acquired. So far, I've been doing quite well, in some cases working up to 9 more books off of my TBR shelves than I added to them. This month, however, I can already say I failed miserably! I added around 20 books to Mt. TBR (if they all arrive this month). I cannot possibly read 23 books, so that's that for May. It will be big, fat fail!

Nonetheless, I think the books I will be receiving soon are totally worth it. Just wait until you see the goodies!


No comments: