Monday, May 20, 2013

[Bout of Books] Wrap up

I'm sad that Bout of Books is over already. Last week flew by and I was busy with so many other things, I still don't know what happened or believe that it was actually an entire week.

Last night, I really scrambled to finish the two books I has started to get to a somewhat decent result for Bout of Books. I was about 70% done with The Selection by Kiera Cass and 50% done with a short German audio book produced by Audible.de.

Here's the result:

Goal: Read 4-5 books
-> Well, that one was a miss. I finished 2 audio books and 1 e-book, so I'm one short of my goal. I usually read about 2 books per week, so I really hoped I could double it up with the week-long readathon. Unfortunately, I was so busy with work, university, and my first Lamaze class, that I just couldn't get it done. I'm a little bit sad about that, but in the end, 3 books is a good result with all that was going on.

Goal: Participate in one Twitter chat
-> That was an all-out success! I participated in the last Twitter chat on Saturday and had a lot of fun. With the time difference, the other two would never fit in because I'm either fast asleep or busy with work/university. The weekend chats usually work out for me, though, because I can arrange my schedules accordingly.

Goal: Write reviews for the finished books.
-> Yeah, I've started, but I did not finish them yet. If I am lucky, I can finish them by Wednesday.

If you participated in Bout of Books, how did you do? Would you participate in an upcoming Bout of Books?


No comments: