Monday, May 06, 2013

[Reading Stack] May 2013

With a TBR "stack" like mine, it is incredibly overwhelming to pick my next read. Thus, I have recently started to make monthly short lists. That way, when I am not absolutely certain I want to read that one particular book, I am not overwhelmed standing in front of my shelves of unread books. Instead, I simply look at a small stack and go based off of that.

It is nice to spend a while in front of my bookshelves at the end of each month to look at all the goodies and to shop my stacks. Deciding which books I want to add to my stack for the upcoming month is never easy, I never know how many books I should add. But it is also fun to try to pick a variety of books I still feel like reading.

Of course, not all the books are random. I also add books I intend to read for a certain occasion or because I intend to read them for a challenge maybe - or for educational purposes (for university, because I feel I should read them at least once etc).

For May I have picked the following books:



The bottom three are books I dared Hollie from Music, Books and Tea to read before I get to them when she posted about her April book haul and how she bought far too many books:

Maureen Johnson: The Name of the Star
Tahereh Mafi: Shatter Me
Mira Grant: Feed

Then we have some books I had to put on the stack because I cannot wait to read them:

Abby Grahame: Wentworth Hall
Suzanne Young: The Program (I received this ARC from Lenore of Presenting Lenore after she read it. Thanks again!!)
Ally Carter: Uncommon Criminals
Joseph Conrad: The Heart of Darkness
Kody Keplinger: Shut Out

And the top three are somewhat different. First we have a book on breastfeeding which I want to read ahead of time. The same goes for Harvey Karp's The Happiest Baby on the Block. And last, but not least, the German edition of Nalini Singh's Caressed By Ice.

Do you create monthly reading stacks? What does your TBR stack look like?


No comments: