Tuesday, January 01, 2013

[Top 10 Tuesday] Must Read Books for 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week it's all about the Top 10 books I definitely want to finally read in 2013!

1) Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
It is Jane Austen, so I feel it does not require any further explanation.

2) Death Blows by DD Barant
I couldn't read this book when it came out because a "friend" wanted to read it as well and since I didn't have time right away, I gave her my unread copy. Needless to say, I never got the book back and she's moved to another country now, so I had to get another copy late last year. I had a lot of fun with the first installment of the Bloodhound Files (a paranormal mystery series), so I can't wait for this one!

3) Crewel by Gennifer Albin
It just sounds amazing!

4) The Particular Sadness of Lemon Pie by Aimee Bender
How awesome is the premise of this book? A girl can taste feelings based on what people cook/bake?!

5) Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen
It's Tess Gerritsen, and my Mom has read it so long ago already! (It's the one series I read with my Mom.)

6) Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I must be the last person to read this!

7) Away by Teri Hall
I loved the first book and cannot wait to see what awaits Rachel.

8) The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene
It's Nancy Drew! And I grew up without her *sigh*

9) Beowulf on the Beach by Jack Murnighan
This has been on my shelves for at least 2 years and I want to read it. Judging by a short peek I already took, it's hilarious.

10) Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
For this book, I will break my book-buying ban for 2013. It will be the one book I will definitely get, no questions asked! I may lose a point for this month (it's a challenge where you get points - or actually raffle tickets - for each month you successfully stay away from buying books and work on your Mt. TBR), but I don't care, I want to read it!

Have you read any of those books? What did you think of them?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Pride & Prejudice, but I'm in desperate need of a re-read. I definitely want to read Crewel and Level 2 as well!

Anonymous said...

I hope you love Pride and Prejudice! Once you read it, check out the Lizzie Bennet diaries on YouTube. (: I need to read Across the Universe, too. It looks really good!

Happy New Year!
My TTT

danya said...

I need to read Crewel, it is sitting on my shelf along with a ton of others that all want to be read! :D

Melody Simpson said...

Level 2 was fantastic! Brilliant. I need to read Crewel this year too! Great list!