Sunday, January 13, 2013

[Bout of Books] Progress Report #5

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


I can't believe we only have one day left for Bout of Books 6.0! I wish it would go on another week so that I could accomplish even more, but on the other hand, I know I will be more busy next week as university starts up again on Monday after our Christmas break. So far I had a lot of fun with Bout of Books, with the chats, with meeting new people and blogs, and of course with the reading.

So, let's see how I fared yesterday:

I knew from the beginning that I would spend some time shopping with Mom. When I arrived at my parents on Friday, she already told me she'd like to do something because she needed to get out and find a distraction after a nerve-wrecking week at work. What neither of us expected was that we would spend a solid 5 hours out and about, having fun and finding some great stuff! (It was my Mom's first time actively looking through things at TK Maxx and she got some nice knifes and a new quality pepper mill, and she got me some measuring spoons for my American recipes and Tweezerman tweezers that were over 50% off!). I didn't get much, to be honest, because I need to save money right now for a few bigger expenses later this month and next month. I wanted to get some more socks because a few need to be thrown out soon, and I got some basics like cotton pads and tooth brushes (had no backup anymore, so I bought 2).

But I did get some reading done! I read a chapter of Martin Leicht & Isla Fischer's Mothership the night before, when I fell asleep and I read some more. I'm still only about 12% through (my first Bout of Books book on Kindle), but hey, better than nothing!

I also participated in the Bout of Books twitter chat, the second one for me, which was fun. Unfortunately, I was on my phone only, so I was always a bit behind. Nonetheless, I loved meeting even more new people and checking out their blogs afterwards was also fun.

I also read quite a few blogs yesterday and after weeding out blogs from my reader that were no longer active (or had drastically changed topics towards something I'm not as interested in), I fed my reader with some of the new book blogs I discovered. I have to write a blog post on all the new blogs I've discovered soon.

Have you ever gone through your reader to unsubscribe from blogs that were no longer active, had changed web addresses or changed topics? What is your current read?


3 comments:

Jennifer @ A Librarians Library said...

Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday!

Yes, I have gone through my reader and cleaned it out. It's the only way to keep things under control (and even then, they still get OUT OF CONTROL!) lol.

My day 7 reads: Game of Thrones (audio) and Cloud Atlas. (I have to take a break from Vampire Academy. Too many feelings lol!)

Pragya said...

Looks like you got a lot of shopping done (oh, I mean your mom did). I hope you enjoyed yourself. 5 hours is a really long time! Are you liking your current read? I usually subscribe via email and haven't yet unsubscribed from any. However, once someone unsubscribed from my blog and I had a heartbreak since I love this person's blog and did not make any changes to mine. :(
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said...

Yeah I make a point to look through my reader every few months to see if there are any that have stopped posting or if I'm still interested in them. I'm currently working on Til the World ends, but I have a ton of smaller side reads going as well.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my progress!