Thursday, January 10, 2013

[Bout of Books] Progress Report #3

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


And Day #3 of Bout of Books is over. It makes me sad to see the days race by so fast, to be honest! Only 4 more days until it will be all over... But that also means we're not even half-way through! So let's get to today's successes and failures:

I was reading Louise Rennison's Withering Tights earlier today, but it turned out to be a DNF for me. I could not connect to the main character at all and the minor characers just annoyed me too much. It's sad that I actually found a book by Louise Rennison that I did not like, but I guess that's life. I absolutely love her Georgia Nicolson books and I will always have those!

I then started Amber Kizer's Meridian which so far seems to be really good.

I have been gushing about Anna Jarzab's The Opposite of Hallelujah for the past two days already, and I finally sat down this evening to actually finish it. I just couldn't stand not knowing what would happen anymore and - AND - I was awake enough to make it! Anna Jarzab is possibly one of my safe authors, one of the authors I can pick up and no matter what, I will enjoy it!

I haven't been on Twitter much today other than to complain (in German) about how my order took ages to be shipped when I knew other people's orders had been shipped yesterday and they ordered at the same time I ordered (it was a mad rush yesterday because of some launches for new makeup items at a cheap-ish European brand).

I am still not very good with the commenting. With all the reading I did today, I didn't get around to comment yet and as it is already midnight and I need to be at work earlier tomorrow that I have been the past few days, I will have to go to bed now. (Yep, I'm totally scheduling this!)

Are you successful with your goals for Bout of Books 6.0? What have you been reading?


No comments: