Tuesday, October 09, 2012

[Top 10 Tuesday] Mix'n'Match for once



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

For this week you can pick any of the old topics you want to revisit, be it one you haven't participated in or one you would like to do again because you had more than 10 books in the first place.

Since this is only my 2nd or maybe 3rd Top Ten Tuesday post, I thought I'd change things up a bit and pick 10 topics I like and give you one to three books I would have picked for that. To make it a bit shorter, I will only give you a one sentence explanation.

1) October 12, 2010 brought you the Book(s) I'll never read.
For me, that would be Lord of the Rings. Not my cup of tea, and I just can't get into the story. Sorry, fans!

2) March 8, 2011 brought you the Dynamic Duos.
I'm going to be boring and say Harry & Ron, because really, without Ron, Harry wouldn't be as fun and without Harry, Ron wouldn't be well-known.

3) July 12, 2011 brought you the author I'd die to meet.
For me, this would be Dame Agatha Christie, because she was one awesome lady!

4) April 3, 2012 was all about books to read in one day.
Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why is a book that can, will and should be read in one day. This one fits the description to the dot on the i, so to speak.

5) April 24, 2012 gave you a look at all time favorite charaters.
That's a tough one, and I'l probably end up with a tie between Cammie Morgan (Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series) and Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, the main characters in Tess Gerritsen's series.

6) Good beach reads were June 12, 2012's topic.
My all-time favorite beach reads are fluffy, but hilarious romance novels with good characters. Jill Shalvis' books exactly fit that bill!

7) On July 10, 2012, OCD Bookish Habits were searched - and widely found.
My biggest OCD bookish habit is probably, that I absolutely hate it when somebody mixes up my books. They're on different shelves, depending on whether I already read them or whether they're on my Mt TBR. Yes, I actually have TBR shelves!

8) Books for people who liked book X was the big topic for July 17, 2012.
My pick: If you enjoyed Divergent by Veronica Roth, I recommend you check out Lois Lowry's The Giver series.

9) August 21, 2012 brought you the best books read in the lifespan of the blog.
For me, some of the best books are Kim Harrington's Clarity, Sarwat Chadda's Devil's Kiss, and The Iron Seas by Meljean Brook.

10) July 24, 2012 brought you the Most Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books.
For me, that was without a doubt Divergent by Veronica Roth, because I could draw you pretty good pictures from that world even though I'm not good at drawing.

Have you read any of these books and did you like them (or not?)?


No comments: