Tuesday, October 23, 2012

[Top 10 Tuesday] Almost Happy Halloween!



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Halloween-spirit-inducing (is that a word? probably not) books.

In Germany, we don't celebrate Halloween, so I didn't manage 10 books, however, I have for you - the two Halloween books I read plus the book that still (after years) makes me worry quite a bit...

1) Agatha Christie's Hallowe'en Party
Yes, I'm starting my list with a very British take on Halloween, but trust me, it's Dame Agatha Christie and she knows, what she's doing!

2) Leslie Meier's Trick or Treat Murder
This cozy mystery (with the biggest jerk of a husband among the characters) was one of the first cozy mysteries I read in English, so it holds a special place in my heart.

and the book that scared me so much I sometimes check under my bed is... 3) P.J. Tracy's Want to Play?, also known as Monkeewrench
This book is a mystery with blood and gore and psychopaths along the line, but also some pretty interesting computer stuff and naturally the detecting (my real pros, for a change). I can only recommend it, if you're not grossed out by some blood and creepy scenes!

Have you read any of those books? What did you think of them?


No comments: