Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dewey's Readathon - Update 3 with End of Event meme

So, the readathon is officially over. However, I am still reading. I'm not at roughly 20 hours and my plan is to finish my current book. I ditched the Fables books for now because we headed out to get the mister a mouse and some cupcakes (I mentioned them yesterday - they are delish!). Since I didn't want to take my paperbacks into the rain, I picked up my iTouch to read Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick. I enjoy it a lot and already have Shadows (Ashes #2) on my Kindle app and my Kindle.

On to the actual end of event meme:
1) The most daunting hour for me was around 2:30am when I actually fell asleep. I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
2) You definitely want to keep some lighter reading for the daunting hours. Pick a graphic novel (they come in all genres) or a manga series you want to catch up to. Maybe a short story collection? Anything that won't force you to pay attention for too long at a time. It will help, trust me!
3) As usual, I loved the readathon in its entirety. What's not to love??
4) I enjoy the mini-challenges, but they usually keep me from reading, so I didn't participate in a single one. I love my mini-challenges though, and usually browse through all the things people did the week after the readathon.
5) I so far read 3.5 books.
6) Bill Willingham's Fables #3-6, Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
7) I loved them all!
8) None
9) I was not a cheerleader, but would like to thank them for their wonderful work!
10) I try to participate in Dewey's Readathon whenever I can fit in in my schedule. As mentioned earlier, April usually is a bit inconvenient for me, because it's around my birthday *and* the beginning of the new semester, but I always try.


1 comment:

Jane said...

Good job on your readathon! I can't believe you didn't participate in any of the challenges! I simply couldn't resist!

Jane

PS. Now I want cupcakes! :P