Tuesday, October 16, 2012

[Top 10 Tuesday] Author Love with a Touch of Fantasy/Sci-Fi



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is our favorite authors of a genre we can pick. I decided to go with authors whose books can be considered fantasy or sci-fi.

My Top 10 Authors are:

1) Meljean Brook - she completely won me over with her Iron Seas series. The woman knows how to work her characters and settings. When she adds some steampunk, I'll automatically love it! But even the others are good!

2) Eoin Colfer - Artemis Fowl is a bit like Harry Potter for adults, if you ask me. I love the characters with all their quirks!

3) Richelle Mead - Because, who doesn't love the Vampire Academy? Rose, Lissa, Dimitri, Adrian and all the characters are my favorite company.

4) Ann Aguirre - I love Sirantha Jax! The character is unique, it's definitely sci-fi and if you don't know them yet, please check out the first one. It is absolutely amazing and totally worth everybody's time.

5) Tanya Huff - If you love vampires and PI novels, you should check out Tanya Huff's Blood series. There's a reason this once was a TV show called Blood Ties. (A pity they cancelled the show!)

6) Meg Cabot - Her Missing series and the Mediator series both have paranormal elements and are great reads for young teens and everyone who enjoys a fun, quick read.

7) Alice Kimberly - Her Haunted Bookshop series is a wonderful cozy mystery series featuring a book store manager/owner and a dead PI from the 1950s.

8) Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin? Need I say more?

9) Rick Riordan - I just love his MG/YA series with ancient gods as sidekicks...

10) Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child - I could not end this list without this power duo! They write awesome thrillers and at least the first two, Relic and Reliquary, have a sci-fi plot aspect to them. They are absolutely amazing authors!

Have you read any of those books? What did you think of them?


No comments: