Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? (July 28, 2014)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Last Week

I was so busy with my paper and dealing with a sick baby, I didn't read much last week. I managed to get to university for a meeting with a lecturer on said paper, and as I ran into another lecturer, I managed to get another few questions off my list of "questions to ask my lecturers".

However, I wrote two blog posts aside from last weeks It's Monday! What are you reading?: For one, I wrote a Top 10 Tuesday post on book characters I'd want with me on a deserted island. And then, I wrote a review on a wonderful book with themes such as family, growing up, love and college: Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando - I highly recommend it!

Reading right now



I am still re-reading Dubliners by James Joyce. I hope to finish it this month, but the month is short, so we'll see.



Also, I am reading another collection of short stories - this one by P.G. Wodehouse: The Inimitable Jeeves. I will definitely be taking that one with me when I head out again the next time (probably tomorrow).

New In

Nothing! I did not read much, so I did not browse books either. For once, I was able to stick to my semi-rule of "no reading, no buying".


No comments: