Monday, July 07, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? (June 6, 2014)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I have not participated in any of the reading and TBR stack memes in ages, but I believe I want to get back into the habit of doing that - along with blogging on a more regular basis in general. If you join in on any of these memes, please let me know!

Last Week



Last week I blogged again for the first time sind the last 24 Hour Readathon. I started with a Top 10 Tuesday on Classics. This was a nice foray into the world of classics, which I ended with a short list of classics I want to read next. Now I just have to remember I made this list!



I followed up with a review on Camp Payback by J.K. Rock. I previously reviewed the first installment in this series, Camp Boyfriend.



I also finished reading Jessi Kirby's Golden, a book which has a special place in my heart for a very particular reason. I started reading this book approximately one year ago. Yes, it took me that long to finish it. And no, it is not bad! However, I started reading the book in the last stretch of my pregnancy and even brought it with me to the hospital when I was in labor. Silly me! I actually thought I might have a couple minutes in between contractions to read. I just finished it, about 3 weeks before the precious boy turns one year old. I figured it would be a nice way to enter this last stretch of his first year on earth.

Reading right now



Right now I am reading Dubliners by James Joyce. This collection of short stories is set in Dublin and while the main characters change with each story, we see or hear about previously mentioned characters several times. I certainly enjoy this collection, though at times their lives are harsh.



Ally Carter's Uncommon Criminals is the second novel in the YA series The Heist Society. I am almost up to date with her Gallagher Girls series, but I decided to take a break in order to catch up with The Heist Society first. Both series are wonderful, but not much alike (unless you take the kick-ass teenage heroines into account). I cannot wait to finish this book!

New In

I am actually on a book buying ban, however, I could not resist these two books. I finally finished Rescue Me by Jill Shalvis, which is the third book in the Animal Magnetism series, last weekend, so I had to order these two. Never mind all the other unread books on my shelves!



I also received Accidentally Married by Victorine E. Lieske and Doppelganger by Milda Harris via Netgalley. I am curious to read those two books, so watch out!


No comments: