Tuesday, July 15, 2014

[Top 10 Tuesday] Movies and TV Shows



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is: Favorite Movies or TV Shows - and I'm adapting it a bit - based off of books/book series

Favorite Movies

1) The Princess Diaries - I absolutely love both the books and the movie! Princess Mia is awesomely awkward at first and warms up and becomes more confident as her story progresses.

2) 10 Things I Hate About You - Heck, my brother (!!!) knows the lines by heart! No kidding, he knows every single line, he likes the movie that much! As for me, this is an amazing teen movie based off Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. I enjoy the chemistry between Heath Ledger and Julia Styles, but I love the two actors anyway. If you haven't watched it yet, get a copy. I highly recommend it!

3) She's The Man - Another Shakespeare-based teen movie, this time with Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum (I love me some Channing anyway!). It's a movie based off Twelfth Night and the jokes in this movie are probably very much for teens, but I love them. There were so many laugh-out-loud scenes and I still have tears in my eyes when I watch this one. I mean, tampons for nosebleeds? Hello!

4) The Harry Potter movies - all of them. Because they're awesome! It's that simple!

5) The Lincoln Lawyer - For this one, I have to thank a former lecturer. Matthew McConaughey's character, Mick Haller, ends up in a difficult and dangerous situation. I have the audio book here and hope to listen to it this summer!

Favorite TV Shows

6) Rizzoli & Isles - while there is a significant difference between the show and the books, I still love the way the characters are portrayed. It's not accurate, but it is done in a way that makes me still enjoy and appreciate it.

7) Bones - Another inaccurate portrayal of a series of mysteries. But let's face it, Emily Deschanel as Tempe Brennan and David Boreanaz as Seeley Booth - that's hot!

8) Elementary - For one, I love mysteries, in case you haven't noticed yet. And then I like that Watson is a woman and a tough one at that. And Holmes is this odd and insanely clever former drug addict. I love it!

9) Jeeves & Wooster - How could I leave this out? I mentioned in a previous TTT how much I love P.G. Wodehouse's books, and I love the show just as much! Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry are doing an amazing job portraying Bertie Wooster and his valet Jeeves. You have to read the books and watch the show, trust me!

10) M*A*S*H - It's a classic with lots of laughs.

Bonus

11) Pacific Rim - Though not officially a movie after a book (series), you can ask almost anyone who has watched the movie and read the manga series Neon Genesis Evangelion that it is incredibly similar. It's a rip-off, if you ask me!

No comments: