Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[Top 10 Tuesday] Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is: Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book

Here are my trigger words and topics:

1) Murder always works because at the beginning of my reading career, there was Agatha Christie.

2) Teenage spies are also always a good choice because they're usually really, really exciting!

3) Mystery - who doesn't love a good mystery? And just like with murder, I'm a sucker!

4) Romance is also great, if it is done well!

5) Mental disorders!

6) Magic (like the Harry's - Potter and Dresden, I mean)

7) Steampunk because there is just not enough out there and I absolutely love the feel!

8) Nerds because I am one and they usually provide better (maybe more relateable?) stories than jocks.

That's it for me. What about you? What are your insta-buy words or topics?


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm really digging teenage spies after reading Also Known As (highly recommend). I know there are a few good spy books coming out too (but right not I can only think of Maid of Secrets). I didn't think of nerds but I should have - the brainy characters always appeal to me! I also definitely go for magic, mystery and murder. Really great list!!

our TTT @ The Quiet Concert

Anonymous said...

Spies and mysteries are on my list too! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/29/topicsword/

Alice @ Alice in Readerland