Saturday, April 27, 2013

[Dewey] Progress Report #4 - Halfway!

My eyes! The yawning! Can you believe we're already halfway through this year's April edition of Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon? I'm having a hard time, but it's true. I'm so excited about this, yet sad. Since the last update, I had a few occasions when it was hard for me to keep my eyes open. I will post this update and then head on over to my bed to read some more there. If I fall asleep, I'd rather be comfortable so that I can wake up later being refreshed instead of being in pain ;-)

Books read: 2: Case Closed Vol.28 by Gosho Aoyama and Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Pages read: 600 pages - give or take.

Time spent reading: over 6 hours

Other activities: I spent some more time browsing the internet and I had to get some more water. When I get tired, I get thirsty.

Snacks/Food devoured: None since the last update.

For the halfway progress report, we have another few questions, so here you go:

1) Sleepy? Oh yes, my eyes are tired and I would turn to an audio book if I didn't know that I would fall asleep within minutes of starting it. And I am certainly starting to get sleepy (almost 2am and all that doesn't help...)
2) I have finished two books, as I mentioned above.
3) My favorite read so far was Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter. As much as I love the Case Closed manga series, the Gallagher Girls series is one of my favorite series ever!
4) My favorite snack so far were the 3 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Way too expensive here in Germany, but every now and then, they're a treat worth the money.
5) I haven't checked out any new blogs yet. I will do that after the readathon is over, when I had some rest and can actually take my time.


4 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Kathrin

You are doing really well. You are not alone with the yawning!

Get some air, get some snacks, get some reading done!

Have fun!

Chris (Team Lion)

Lisa said...

You did great with 600 pages but when you're sleepy, it's all over, isn't it?!

Ali said...

WAKE UP!!!! By my calculations it's 8 a.m. there and time to start reading again! :-)

Chris said...

How are doing Kathrin?

Still reading?

You can do it. Break on through the yawning and turn some pages!

Chris (Team Lion)