Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wicked Wildfire Readathon

It turns out you actually should write a post when you participate in a readathon. For some reason, this tiny, but important detail was lost on me these past few days. Then again, I also don't really have a good internet connection these days. You see, my router died last weekend & since I need the internet for research for a presentation, I am now going back and forth between Frankfurt and my parents' place. This means an approximatly 4 hour commute. Good for reading, not so good for actually having a functioning brain at the end of the day.

Without further ado: Today and through the weekend, there's the Wicked Wildfire Readathon, hosted by Rebecca @ Kindle Fever and April @ My Shelf Confessions.

I have not really set any goals for myself. I just want to read as much as possible and I don't even have a real pile specifically for the readathon. I will of course try to change it up between paper books and e-books, because I have plenty of both.

So far, on Day 1, I have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and I started Lorelei James' All Jacked Up.

For Day 2, I got to 41% of All Jacked Up, but I'm taking a break. I'm not feeling "the love" for the book at all at this point, even though I wanted to know more about Keely. Well, maybe later? Instead, I started Susan Mallery's Summer Nights and so far I absolutely love it.

On Day 3 I was pretty busy. I was out and about for over 13 hours, and I only had about 2 of those hours to actually read. All the other time, I spent at work or at university. Once I was home, I was starving & just wanted to relax - but: I finished Susan Mallery's Summer Nights. I will try to get the review done soon, but I also have to think about the 2 presentations that are due within the next 8 days. What I want to read for the rest of the night? I don't know yet.


No comments: