Friday, June 08, 2012

[48HBC] 48 Hour Book Challenge 2012



















It is that time of the year again. MotherReader's 48 Hour Book Challenge is a go this weekend and to get some reading done despite all the university stuff I need to do, I am joining in.

It is pretty easy. You choose a 48-hour period sometime between Friday, June 8, 7am and Monday, June 11, 7am and read. Since I have to write a 2-page essay on Yes, Minister, I will only commit to 12 to 23 hours. I have to stay sane after all. University is already messing with that quite nicely.

I will start in approximately 5 minutes, which means 11pm on Friday - my time. I will update on Twitter (@stackednpainted) and occasionally in this post, so stay tuned!

My first book will be Jill Shalvis' Lucky in Love, which I started yesterday. I am currently on page 85.

Update, 12pm Saturday - 13hours in:
So, I lost the results from my stopwatch earlier today already. I was at around 1h 45mins the last time I checked and had already read some more when some dumb girl (might have been me, but I'm not sure) accidentally reset it. I am now going to add everything I read from here on out to the 1:45. I am still working on Jill Shalvis' Lucky in Love and enjoy it a lot.

Update, 10pm Saturday - 23 hours in:
A major headache doesn't help with reading, but I am now at 7h 47mins. I finished Jill Shalvis' Lucky in Love earlier today and am now reading Kendra Leigh Castle's Shadow Rising.

Update, 9pm Saturday - 46 hours in:
So, I got some more reading done last night and today. I am now at 12h 5mins. I tried to read Michael Lancaster's 0.4 (also known as Human.4, but it turns out it is not for me. It will go into a future "clear my shelves" giveaway. In general, the story is great, but the way it is narrated didn't appeal to me. I then switched back to Shadow Rising, which I finished. I will probably read some more during the remaining 2 hours (for me).


6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Good luck with reading (and the essay, too, of course, which I guess is more important, because if that goes well and quickly, there will be more time for reading!)

Stiletto Storytime said...

Thank you again so much of reminding me of the event! We were meant to tweet! I will try and check in on you during the event some...I just got my post up and am about to start reading. Have a great night and Happy Reading!

Courtney
Stiletto Storytime

Liviania said...

Good luck! A Jill Shalvis book sounds like the perfect place to start.

Caroline said...

Good luck! This is my first time using 'technology' (the stopwatch on my iPhone) to help keep track of my time - last year it was all scribbled notes on a piece of paper!

Bibliovore said...

Hee! Good to know I'm not the only one who uses a stopwatch . . . and who messes it up on occasion. Happy reading.

Carol H Rasco said...

I hope the headache has subsided...and that you can enjoy reading more! Good luck, Book People Unite!