Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You're in trouble if...

... you return to your room after the 2nd day of BEA (1st with open exhibitions floor) and have two huge bags of books! Especially if you're actually from Germany and have no clue how to get all those books back home.

That's exactly what happened to me today. I had a blast and met some very nice people.

In short, here's what I grabbed today:

An ARC for The Ivy by Lauren Kunze with Rina Onur, a first in series about what life as a Harvard student really is like.

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr, the fourth Wicked Lovely book - and the wonderful Melissa Marr signed a second copy for my friend who unfortunately couldn't be at BEA with me!

The Dark Devine by Bree Despain - signed with a pen in an awesome lavender color (I wonder where she got that one from!).

An ARC for Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen, a first in series about a couple who slays zombies together - it sure sounds hilarious!

An ARC for Three Quarters Dead by Richard Peck, a ghost story that is right up my alley!

An ARC for Henry Chang's Red Jade, starring Detective Jack Yu.

Jo Berry's Disasters, a book in the Good Questions to Tough Answers series.

Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is by Sue Stevens, because it sounded interesting.

Murder in the Palais Royal by Cara Black - a wonderful mystery set in Paris (I can say that even though I haven't read this one yet because Cara is a wonderful author).

An ARC for Terrorist Cop by Mordecai Dzikansky & Robert Slater - Meeting Mordecai Dzikansky was awesome. Thanks again! I am sure I will enjoy this one.

An ARC for So Cold the River by Michael Koryta - woohoo!

An ARC for Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - another "Woohoo!" for that one, because it has been on my wish list for a few months already!

Charlie Higson's The Enemy - I'm already curious about this one!

Queers in History by Keith Stern, because this hopefully tells the untold stories throughout history.

Intertwined by Gena Showalter, an intriguing paranormal YA novel...

An ARC for Suitcase Full of Dreams by Hoy Kersh - she is one spunky woman!

An ARC for Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore - about a half-vampire, half-werewolf high school student. Oh yes, I'm so reading this one!

An ARC for Simone Elkeles' Return to Paradise - wherever I go, I keep hearing that you will want to read this one right after Leaving Paradise, so I'm glad I got a copy of the sequel!

Heather Brewer's Eleventh GRade Burns, the fourth in a wonderful YA vampire series!

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder - I'm sure you've all heard about it already, so I'll leave it at "I'm darn happy I got a copy"!

Adriana Trigiani's Brava, Valentine - I absolutely adore Adriana Trigiani!

An ARC for Justin Cronin's The Passage - how could I pass up on this opportunity? This will be THE summer read!

And last, but certainly not least a copy of Ruth and the Green Book by Calvin Alexander Ramsey & Floyd Cooper, which I got signed for some kids I love dearly!

That makes a total of 25 books on one day! At least, 4 of them are not for me... Not that that helps any because I was at the Strand Book Store yesterday and got 7 books.



No comments: