Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fighting the slump

The last weeks in the reading slump were horrible! I'm still not all over it, but I wanted to at least let you in on what I tried to beat it. After all, for someone who enjoys reading, not being able to concentrate on a book or any written word is probably the worst feeling ever! I was restless, annoyed and in a rather bad mood during those weeks.

At first, I just thought it was that one book that didn't appeal to me. So I started another one. When that one wasn't nearly as gripping as I had thought it would be, I was annoyed.

What finally did the trick - late last week, was the NYC guide, which I will need for my time there for BEA and the Book Blogger Con. It's a nice one, because it starts out with a short history of the City, and even though I was never good at history (Sorry, Mr. R and everyone!), it was interesting to read this part. I am already certain I will have to come back, because there's no way I'm going to see even half of what I want to see - but I'll figure that out once I'm back in good old Germany.

I will leave Germany tomorrow and I'm already so excited I think by now no one here actually wants to talk to me :-P But after 9 years without a real vacation (i.e. one that actually involved relaxing a bit), I am really very excited. Plus, I will finally visit relatives whom I haven't seen in years.

That being said, I will be in NYC the first night and right after breakfast I will take the train to Maryland for the weekend. Then it's back to NYC for BEA, Book Blogger Con and some sight seeing (and book shopping, but sssshhhh, don't tell my Dad or he'll freak out! *wink*).

While I'm gone, there will be a few (!!!) posts coming up - or at least, I hope they'll be posted on time, not like the last time... And if I have time, energy, and an internet connection, I might even update you on what I've been doing lately!

That being said, if you're in NYC and would like to meet up, send me an e-mail or comment here (I won't approve the comment in that case), and maybe we can figure something out...



No comments: