Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book Review: Chosen by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast








AuthorP.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
TitleChosen: A House of Night Novel
PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
Date of PublicationSeptember 29, 2009
Page Count307
ISBN978-0-312-36030-4
Series#3 House of Night


Many, many things are happening at the House of Night and Zoey's adventures at school take a mysterious turn. Friends turn into enemies and enemies turn out to be friends. On top of that, Zoey has to keep a secret from her friends and deal with it herself. When she also finds herself in the rare position of having three boyfriends at once, things get even more difficult and hard to keep a secret. And when it seems as if things couldn't possibly get any worse, vampires are found murdered and it just appears as if Zoey's stepfather and the People of Faith are behind it. But soon it becomes obvious that things rarely are as they appear!

What can I say? I absolutely love this series! The thought of running out of books crosses my mind with every House of Night book I read, which is why I don't read the books back to back even though I have two more waiting for me on my shelves and another I haven't even bought. One of my favorite mother-daughter teams, P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast created another suspense-filled paranormal YA and it seems as if Zoey gets in more and more trouble as the series progresses.

As with the previous books, this one was a fast read, which is both sad and good. The story and my time with Zoey and her friends is over too fast, but it is so intriguing, that putting the book down just isn't an option.



No comments: