Saturday, September 18, 2010

Book Review: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter








AuthorAlly Carter
TitleCross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls)
PublisherHyperion
Date of PublicationDecember 23, 2008
Page Count236
ISBN978-1-4231-0006-5
Series#2 Gallagher Girls


After being forced to give up her first boyfriend ever, Cammie Morgan hopes and wants a peaceful semester at Gallagher Academy. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. First, Gallagher Academy is the leading school for girl spies, and then Cammie is a CIA legacy. On top of that, something strange is going on at the school and in the headmistress's office, murmuring about Blackthorne is going on. But who is Blackthorne and what's the mystery all about? Not long after this, the girls are again crawling through secret passageways and surveilling the school.

With the Gallagher Girls books it is like returning to good old friends. Cammie, Bex, Liz & Macey are girls I would like in real life as well. They're witty, intelligent and they know how to kick ass!

With Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy we're once again back at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women and this time around, there are some unusual happenings going on at the school building itself. With a quick summary of the first book - world-of-mystery style! - , Ally Carter brings us back into the world of Cammie and we're thrust into a new adventure.

As much as I loved the first book, I think this one was even better. I felt I already knew how they think and feel, so I could guesstimate how the girls were going to act and react towards the happenings at Gallagher Academy, but there were still surprises. My lips are sealed as to what these surprises actually are or how they came to existence, but be assured - it's awesome! As soon as I finished the second installment (A couple months, ago, I admit!), I pre-ordered the third book, Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover - that's how much I needed to get back together with "my girls"!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!