Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Update #5 - The End!

The readathon is over! I kept reading after it was over, so I got some extra hours in (plus the approximately 1 hour that I started early. I just had so much fun reading with the precious boy right with me that I couldn't stop. Granted, I didn't read big books or anything, but mostly mangas, but it still counts.

Still reading: Annabel Pitcher: Ketchup Clouds; Ashley Elston: The Rules for Breaking

Books finished: Christian Strzoda: Sie sehen aber gar nicht gut aus (a German memoir-type novel in which a paramedic talks about his job); Gosho Aoyama: Detective Conan / Case Closed Vol. 35; Gosho Aoyama: Detective Conan / Case Closed Vol. 36; Gosho Aoyama: Detective Conan / Case Closed Vol. 37

Pages read: 398 pages

Running total of pages read: 958 pages

Amount of time spent reading: 5 hours

Running total of time spent reading: 13.5 hours

Snacks: a sun flower seed roll with Nutella and peanut butter; pork loins with garlic bread; chocolate; another sun flower seed roll with Nutella and peanut butter

The End of Event Meme

1.Which hour was most daunting for you?
Oh, I'm not sure really. Maybe the hour this afternoon when I had to go to bed with the precious boy because he wouldn't sleep on his own?
2.Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Anything short is always a good idea! (See my mangas ;) )
3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I love it the way it is. I would like to thank everyone for their great work!
4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I enjoyed it all.
5.How many books did you read?
I finished 4 books and started 2 more.
6.What were the names of the books you read?
See above.
7.Which book did you enjoy most?
They were all really, really good!
8.Which did you enjoy least?
None, I managed to only pick great books, apparently.
9.If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't.
10.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Very likely! I would most likely be a reader again.


No comments: