Tuesday, July 09, 2013

[15 Day Book Blogger Challenge] Day 1 - Bookish Confessions



April from Good Books and Good Wine is doing the 15 Day Blogger Challenge for the next few days and I decided to join in. I am already a tad bit late, but the mister wanted my help with his German class, so I closed my laptop yesterday without finishing this blog post. Instead of rushing and posting two days today, I have decided to just stay a day behind.

For Day 1, the task is (ahem, was) to come up with 15 bookish confessions...

1) My bookshelves are sorted - first by read & unread books and books for university, and then by author's last name.

2) I laugh and cry in public when I'm reading - and I only feel a little bit embarrassed by that!

3) I hate the ending of a series I love, I usually have a hard time reading those last pages.

4) Occasionally, I love TSTL heroines - but I need to know up front that this is what I am in for. They can be funny!

5) I am bad with names - no matter how much I enjoy a book, I usually have to look up the name of the characters again when I write a review or when I talk about it.

6) However, I usually remember the plot of a book I read and kept - a relative tested me because he couldn't believe it. My memory is very selective, I guess?

7) I ditch books - and I don't have a real set rule for when and why.

8) Of the top of my head, I cannot come up with a single movie adaptation of a book I would truly support and admit to loving.

9) Other people touching the books on my shelves can make me freak out. I usually try to suppress the urge to jump them and make them take a step back, but it really bothers me.

10) I have many hyped YA novels on my shelves that are still waiting to be read. It's like, I know I should read them, but something's keeping me, because it may just not be what I like.

11) I hate, hate, hate cover changes! Especially within a series it really bothers me. I just bought the first (couple) book(s) with one cover style and now you change it? That is so uncool!

12) I love classics, but hardly ever the ones I need to read for school.

13) I desperately need to get my personal library down to a smaller number of books, because we don't have all that much room left. The problem: I hate parting with my books.

14) I can read books in German, English and French, but usually, I stick to English and German. I wish I skipped between languages a bit more evenly.

15) Thinking about my Mt. TBR almost causes anxiety attacks. It is way too big and it is the one part of my shelves I really should reduce, but I don't have the heart to give away those books, because I keep thinking I'm actually interested in reading them - eventually...

Bonus confession

16) My bags are all big enough to carry at least a paperback or my smartphone (with an e-reader app) so that I am always with something to read if I get stuck with some extra time. Most of my bags are in fact big enough to carry a hardcover. Do you have any bookish confessions? Let me know!


2 comments:

Passionate Bookworm said...

I forget Characters names like nobody's business! I tend to only remember my favorite character, and that's not always the MC! I buy Bags based on whether or not I can fit a minimum of 2 books in them!

And oh my goodness. Not a single movie adaptation that you like!? o.O To each their own I guess! While I of course think that there are few that are as good as the book, I still LOVE adaptations.

N o v a - Z a y said...

There has to be one movie adaptation. Divergent is coming soon, just saying.

Followed! (I’d also really appreciate a bloglovin’ follow and a comment on my post in return!)

My Day 1

- Nova @ Musings of a Blogder