Saturday, June 01, 2013

[Reading Stack] June 2013

With a TBR "stack" like mine, it is incredibly overwhelming to pick my next read. Thus, I have recently started to make monthly short lists. That way, when I am not absolutely certain I want to read that one particular book, I am not overwhelmed standing in front of my shelves of unread books. Instead, I simply look at a small stack and go based off of that.

It is nice to spend a while in front of my bookshelves at the end of each month to look at all the goodies and to shop my stacks. Deciding which books I want to add to my stack for the upcoming month is never easy, I never know how many books I should add. But it is also fun to try to pick a variety of books I still feel like reading.

Of course, not all the books are random. I also add books I intend to read for a certain occasion or because I intend to read them for a challenge maybe - or for educational purposes (for university, because I feel I should read them at least once etc).



For June, I picked the following books for my monthly stack:



The first few books were on the stack last month already. I did not read a lot in May, unfortunately.

Tahereh Mafi: Shatter Me
Mira Grant: Feed
Abby Grahame: Wentworth Hall
Suzanne Young: The Program (I received this ARC from Lenore of Presenting Lenore after she read it. Thanks again!!)
Harvey Karp: The Happiest Baby on the Block
Cassandra Clare: City of Ashes
Rick Yancey: The 5th Wave
Ashley Elston: The Rules for Disappearing

And ebooks on my stack are:

Kiera Cass: The Elite
Kim Barnouin: Skinny Bitch in Love
Mary Louise Kelly: Anonymous Sources
S.K. Falls: Secret for a Song

Do you create monthly reading stacks? What does your TBR stack look like?


No comments: