Saturday, June 01, 2013

[Random Acts of Kindness] June 2013 (with May wrap up)

Book Soulmates



I am again participating in the Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) hosted by the lovely ladies from Book Soulmates! It's a fun and nice way to interact with other book lovers and a chance to maybe fulfill a wish of theirs - and have a wish of yours fulfilled. You can find the rules on their website (the basics: have a wishlist or create one, sign up and send off books - and get some in return).

Last month, I sent out:
If I Should Die by Amy Plum to Mariska of me and my books

And I received:



There is Black Wings by Christina Henry from Mariska of me and my books, which I cannot wait to read.
Also, Isabelle of Lecture toute une Aventure sent me this wonderful handmade bookmark. The colors are wonderful and the seahorse is adorable! She wanted to send it for my birthday in April, but she injured her hand (luckily, it is okay now!), so it was a tad bit delayed. She even wrote me a letter and enclosed those two cute stickers!

Thanks a lot, you two! I will certainly enjoy both the book and the bookmark. In fact, the book mark is in my current read again.

Now, for my June signup:
You can find my wishlist on Amazon, which I am always trying to keep up to date.

While I would be incredibly happy about either of the books on there, my top 5 would probably be:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danford

If you would like to offer me one of these books, simply send me an e-mail at kathrin.p AT gmail DOT com and I will send you my mailing address.


2 comments:

miki said...

This year hasn't been really easy for me so i'm quite late for everything but i'm glad you love it so much i prefered to take teh time to make it the best possible and it worked

Happy RAK

Unknown said...

I didn't know this existed! Thank you very much! I'll be participating this month! Added you to my Google+ circles! :)

Joana @ Joana In The Sky With Books