Wednesday, January 09, 2013

[Bout of Books] Progress report #2

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


Well, another day is over and it's time for a progress report for Bout of Books 6.0, I guess.

I once again managed to finish a book, albeit a short one. I read Carolyn Keene's Nancy Drew and the Bungalow Mystery. I love Nancy Drew and know my kids will grow up with her. It's sad for me that I didn't read the Nancy Drew books as a kid, but they simply weren't available here. At least I now have something fun and entertaining to read in between.

I tweeted about it earlier, but let me tell you, Anna Jarzab's The Opposite of Hallelujah really got me out of my slump! I opened the book on both the maybe 15 second long elevator ride up and down in the building I work at and on the escalators! I just couldn't stand not reading. I cannot begin to tell you how happy this makes me! I'm currently on page 113, so I'm about 25% in.

I have not been commenting a lot on blogs, which was one of the things I wanted to do, so I really need to step up in the coming days. The problem so far was that I was working long hours and never really got around to be awake enough for actual comments. Today, I wrote at least one comment so far. It's something to build on, I guess.

How was your second day of Bout of Books? Do you have any recommendations on how to comment on other blogs? How do you do it?


No comments: