Friday, January 04, 2013

[Bout of Books] Goals

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


So, I signed up for Bout of Books 6.0 before I decided that for New Year's I want to return to blogging. Now I'm here actually trying to figure out what goals I want to have!

In case you haven't heard of Bout of Books yet, here's a short summary from the hosts themselves:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team



Now, at the beginning of the year, I'm usually in a slump, which doesn't make sense if you ask me, but here we go, in 2013 as well. For this simple reason, I'll make my goals easy and manageable.

1) Finish my current audio book, the last Vampire Academy book. (I shamelessly "stole" the idea to put that on my list from Bree @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf)
2) Get over my reading slump! (Thus no specific book-ish goal for me. Not even a book list!)
3) Visit 2 blogs per day and comment (something useful, of course). I'm usually too tired to do much after work, but I believe I've been slacking in the commenting department so much, I really want to work on it.
4) Take notes right after reading the book if I can't do it while reading so that I can sit down to review the book the week after.

Will you be participating in Bout of Books? Please leave a comment (& a link to your post, I'd like to check by)!


4 comments:

Sharon (A Book Barbie) said...

Yes! This is the second list I've seen with the Vampire Academy novels on it. Makes me so happy! It also makes me want to reread, LOL.

Good luck and have fun!

creativedeeds said...

Great list. Good luck and have fun!

Unknown said...

I'm participating. Good luck on reaching your goals!

Unknown said...

@Sharon: Thanks! I finished the Vampire Academy books and am soo sad! Have you read the Bloodlines books yet? I hope to read them soon :)

@creativedeeds: Thanks!

@Georgie: Glad you also participated! I hope you were successful with your goals?