Thursday, January 06, 2011

Pages Read Challenge Season 3

In 2009, I hosted the Pages Read Challenge for the first time. Now it is going into its third season. As I thought the interest might not be there for this challenge, I haven't put up a post for it until now. I figured I'd just do it for myself. But I was asked and here you go!

As always, the rules are easy:

1) Pick a number of pages you'll be attempting to read in 2010. It doesn't matter whether your goal is 10,000 or 100,000. You can always up your number as we go along, so you don't need to go all up high with your page count.

2) Write a blog post about it in which you will keep track of your page count.

3) Comment here with your goal number and a link to your blog post (if you have a blog - otherwise, just leave a comment with your name and the goal number). I'll then add you to the list of participants below.

4) The challenge starts January 1, 2010 and ends December 31, 2010. Only pages read after the new year has begun count in for the challenge, but any and every page you read counts for this challenge. I don't care about re-reads, overlaps with other challenges, audio books (use the publisher's page count) or e-books! Just count the pages you read, no matter what type of book you're reading :-) See, it's a really easy challenge!

5) As usual: Have fun!

The participants:
1) Kathrin (me) - 25,000
2)

5 comments:

Grilsgood said...

I am number 1 again. MY goal this year is 360 not sure why I missed it in 2010

Lindy

Grilsgood said...

I goofed that up well, I am going to read 365 books and 115,000 pages

Veggiemomof2 said...

I barely missed my 30K goal last year, so I'm aiming for it again. I don't have a blog post about it, but I have a widget in my sidebar keeping track of my stats.

http://veggiemomof2@blogspot.com

Book Dragon said...

I lost you and am wondering if you're thinking of doing this for 2015. I'm doing a books read and someone asked for a pages read. Thought I'd ask you before I did one.

Unknown said...

@Book Dragon: Yes, I will be hosting the challenge again! The post for it is up now, in fact :)
Pages Read Challenge 2015