Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful time last night celebrating the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011!

I can tell you I definitely counted down the days until the end of 2010. I've been sick or recovering most of the time (5 rounds of antibiotics, as far as I remember, but they messed with my memory, so who knows?) and everything else wasn't much better. My reading sucked - I don't remember the last time I read so few books, and I didn't complete a single challenge. At least I think I didn't complete a single challenge, because I just don't want to deal with all the lists and then discover what I suspected all along. I think out of the 12 months, I could have done without 9.5 of them.

The other 2.5 months, though, I'd definitely want to keep those. First I spent about 10 days in May with my cousin in Maryland and in New York City for BEA (loved this experience!). Then I spent another 3 weeks in September with my cousin, just because I missed them all so much. (Okay, and she held some of the books I got at BEA hostage to make sure I return ) And during the past 6, 7 weeks I got this big fat smile back

For 2011, my only plans are to keep my smile, to read a lot more deliberately, to somehow find a way to deal with my freakishly high Mt. TBR (I'm at 378 unread books right now ) and maybe figure out a way to get my health back. I hate being sick!

Since I only signed up for a few special reading challenges I just like too much. These are The Story Siren's Debut Author Challenge, because I enjoy discovering new authors. As a fan of mysteries and thrillers, Jen's Criminal Plots Reading Challenge is a must do challenge for me. And of course, I can't host the 5th season of the Series Challenge without participating myself! (And two challenges that are hosted in the German book blogging world.)

That being said, I think I should get to bed. I'm still tired from last night, and I didn't even celebrate that much. In fact, I hardly did anything. I must be getting old

1 comment:

Nan said...

Happy New Year to you! I really hope 2011 is a better year for you.