Tuesday, August 24, 2010

PFL: Stork by Wendy Delsol

There are many different memes out there for bloggers to feature the books they're really, really looking forward to. Unfortunately, none of them really meet my needs as I tend to find books I consider my possible future loves in droves rather than one at a time. And I don't feel like featuring those books in droves either. When I fall for a book before its pub date, that usually means something! That means, from now on, you will occasionally (or for the next few weeks: quite some days) find this new feature here.



Stork by Wendy Delsol
pub date: October 12, 2010

Summary from Goodreads:

After her parents' divorce, Katla and her mother move from Los Angeles to Norse Falls, Minnesota, where Kat immediately alienates two boys at her high school and, improbably, discovers a kinship with a mysterious group of elderly women--the Icelandic Stork Society - who "deliver souls."



I don't have an explanation for that one other than the truly stunning cover (I can look at it for hours!) and the fact that something in the summary just speaks to me...



1 comment:

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Yes, I am looking out for this one. SOmewhere I read more about this but I cannot remember where!
Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com