Monday, August 11, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? (August 11, 2014)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Last Week

After my Monday reading post I did not get to post at all the entire week. Somehow, the week just flew by and I barely managed to work on the term paper I have to hand in soon, let alone write blog posts. However, after posting the #FF Friday post, I managed to get one more review in on Saturday. I finally wrote down my thoughts and feelings on The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke!

Last week I finished two books. One is an audiobook I had been listening to since April: Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher. I will give you my thoughts on this one later this week.



The other book I finished was Stronger Than You Know by Jolene Perry. I will review this gem later this month, but let me tell you already, you might want to keep your eyes open for this one to show up in book stores!



I also read a few books for my paper, but those were more theoretical in nature, so I will not bore you with the titles and (rather boring) covers. One book you might want to look into, however, if you want to learn a bit about Canadian Literature: Margaret Atwood's Survival!



Reading right now



I started reading In Your Dreams by Kristan Higgins. I haven't read one of her books in a while, and I realize how much I missed her writing style and her feel good stories.

I am also reading more books off my assorted stack for my paper.

New In

Well, I fell off the bandwaggon a bit with the semi-self-imposed book buying ban. However, I am already working my way through those books. I received all those books from the publishers via Netgalley.



I received In Your Dreams by Kristan Higgins, which I am already reading. And then, there is Jilted by Rachael Johns.



I also received both The Opposite of Love by Sarah Lynn Scheerger and Stronger Than You Know by Jolene Perry. I already finished the latter, as you have seen, and a review is forthcoming.



Also new on my e-reader are Course of Action: The Rescue by Lindsay McKenna & Merline Lovelace. This book contains two stories, and I have not yet read much about them. I remember enjoying a few of Merline Lovelace's previous romance novels, so I had to get my hands on this one. Margo Howard's Eat, Drink and Remarry is a memoir of sorts and the blurb sounded too funny!



And the last book I received this past week was Some Boys by Patty Blount.

What about you? What have you read this past week and did you get any new books?


3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Nice assortment of books. I will be looking for Stronger Than You Know. Your comments intrigued me. Come see my week. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the weeks flying by. It looks like you have some wonderful books to read. Have a great week.

Harvee said...

Hope you like Survival. Eager to read your comments. Enjoy your wonderful books!
Harvee
Book Dilettante