Thursday, June 17, 2010

Book Review: Admit One by Emmett James







AuthorEmmett James
TitleAdmit One: My Life in Film
PublisherFizzyPop
Date of PublicationFebruary 1, 2010
Page Count216
ISBN978-0-9842-5810-9


In his memoir Admit One: My Life in Film, Emmett James takes us on a trip down his memory lane to show us events related to famous movies. When he was a child going to the movies was an event. His parents would take him and his brother to the nearby town. This involved a one hour bus ride and it was something he looked forward to every time. Later on, he would go with his friends and they discussed the movies both before and after seeing them.

Emmett James, while being an actor, is not particularly a Hollywood celebrity stalked by paparazzi day and night. His biggest role so far was that of a waiter in Titanic - but then, this is not what his memoir is all about. Now granted, if you start reading it with the expectation to hear all about his Hollywood experience, you'll be sorely disappointed, but if you like glimpses into other people's lives and have a thing for movies, you will enjoy Admit One.

While it is not all out exciting or a thrilling memoir, I enjoyed it for taking me down my own memory lane, trying to remember when I first watched the movies mentioned (ET? When I was about 10, around the time I got the book with pictures from the movie.). All in all, I had a nice time reading it - chapter by chapter and with breaks for my own thoughts.

Thanks again to Lisa Roe of OnlinePublicist for this review copy!



No comments: