Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jill Shalvis: FLASHBACK



Jill Shalvis
FLASHBACK
211 pages
Harlequin
ISBN: 978-0-373-79420-1


When I read the holiday short story compilation earlier this year I knew I had to read the other books Jill Shalvis was writing about the men and women of the fire department in Santa Rey, a small town in California.

We're now in for a treat with firefighter Aidan Donnelly's story. He has been with Mackenzie Stafford, sister to Blake Stafford who died in the previous book, Flashpoint, before, but Mackenzie can't forgive him for thinking Blake really did what he is accused of. When Aidan sees that Kenzie won't give up, he decides to help her and make sure she is (and stays) safe.

I'm having problems here with the review, because everything I'd love to say would spoil the first one, Flashpoint, so I'm going to make this short. I really, really hated the cover. Sorry, but the guy is everything but what I would imagine the "hottest firefighter in Santa Rey" to look like! Otherwise, I enjoyed the story and the characters. If you read Flashpoint, you need to read this one, as it finished the story very well. You're in for a surprise, I dare say!

Rating: 4/5

No comments: