Friday, February 18, 2011

Book Review: 1022 EVERGREEN PLACE by Debbie Macomber


AuthorDebbie Macomber
Title1022 Evergreen Place
PublisherMira
Date of PublicationSeptember 2010
Page Count368
ISBN978-0778328063
SeriesCedar Cove #10

Note: I received this book in form of an e-galley courtesy of Harlequin / MIRA & Netgalley

Unfortunately, I could not finish this book. This had nothing to do with the writing or the story, but since I started reading this series in the middle, I just couldn’t keep track of the wealth of characters that came down on me in what felt like a flood. No matter what, I kept having to go back to the list of characters provided and read through it to figure out who was related to whom and how they all connected. It was frustrating on so many levels.

That being said, the writing and the story itself captured me from the start. I can not repeat enough times that, had it not been fort he insurmountable number of characters, I would have finished 1022 Evergreen Place within a few short hours.

I will definitely get back to the first book and start there to go all the way through, though, so watch out for more review of Debbie Macomber’s novels!