Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - Check in #1 and Intro Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm reading in Germany, near Frankfurt.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Hm, that's a tough one. I chose all books because I kinda want to read them sooner rather than later!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Nothing in particular. I have had a pizza so far and a slice of bread. Also, I may or may not have made a chocolate chip cookie in a mug...

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm in my 30s, working on my thesis and both my toddler and I are sick. This will make for a fun readathon, especially because we both napped for like 2+ hours already and some Big Bang Theory was necessary... The reading part is not going too well so far. I have, however, read a good part of Barbara Allan's Antiques Swap, the 9th in her Trash 'n' Treasures series (it's hilarious!). I have read for maybe 30 minutes so far, though, so this will be a relatively uneventful readathon with not a lot of books finished (if any).

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I have not participated in the last readathon, but I have participated in the past. The biggest challenge for me really is to take care of the toddler and play with him while getting a bit of reading done. It is tough and I still haven't figured out how to do it. Any tips and tricks are certainly welcome!!!


1 comment:

shaunesay said...

Hello! So glad you could join us today! I hope both you and the kiddo aren't feeling too bad and are able to get some fun reading done! I guess the only advice I would have for reading with a toddler is to maybe put on an audiobook to listen to while you play? Hang in there and don't put pressure on yourself! I have the first couple in the Trash n Treasures series, so I may have to give those a try soon! Enjoy! -- Shaunie Team Dogwood