Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year!

Wow, can you believe it? It is 2015! I'm sitting here after breakfast, my son is playing with the mega bloks he got for Christmas and we already read a Dr. Seuss book. I'm having a tea (a green tea called la dolce vita, the sweet life) and life is good. I hope you also had a sweet beginning for 2015.

Stevie woke up maybe 10, 15 minutes into the new year and he looooooved the fireworks. He was standing at the window with us saying 'boom, boom!' and 'more!' and his face! Oh I wish I could show you! He was so very, very happy and glowed! He is now 17 months old, so he really took it all in. In a way, I'm glad he got to see it as he loves light in all its forms, colors and shapes. (Unfortunately, that includes the small candle that keeps my tea warm - he keeps trying to blow at it...)

Now, it is a valued custom here to watch a short piece of comedy for the new year. You may know that everything here is dubbed, but this is the one exception. It is Dinner for One and you can just click on the link to watch it. I highly recommend it. It is not only a classic, it is a tiny piece of recent history and oh so funny! To give. You a quick backstory, Miss Sophie is celebrating her 90th birthday. She has survived all her dearest friends.

I wish you a wonderful 2015 filled with health, happiness and good books!


No comments: