Saturday, March 02, 2013

[Monthly Summary] February 2013

So, for 2013 I've set a goal - I want to reduce my Mt. TBR! It is huge and I probably have enough books on there for 10 years, give or take. The only problem? Those books have been on there for quite a while, and some were books I once wanted to read. So, I have been sorting through books the last two months, and will continue to do so for a little while longer. My monthly goal is to get 3 books off of Mt. TBR.

If I can, I will try to sell some of the books to homes here in Germany, whatever I make will go into a very special "account": The Baby Account! Yes, you read that right. I'm expecting a baby later this year and part of my "need to make room" certainly is because of that.

In February, I moved the following books off of Mt. TBR:

1) Victoria Schwab: The Archived
2) Nancy Atherton: Aunt Dimity Digs In
3) Nancy Atherton: Aunt Dimity's Christmas
4) Nancy Atherton: Aunt Dimity Beats the Devil
5) Nancy Atherton: Aunt Dimity : Detective
6) Nancy Atherton: Aunt Dimity Takes A Holiday
7) Stephen Booth: Black Dog
8) Bill Bryson: A Short History of Nearly Everything
9) Bill Bryson: The Lost Continent
10) Bill Bryson: In A Sunburned Country
11) Lois Greiman: Unzipped
12) John Grogan: Marley and Me
13) Tara Moss: Fetish
14) Leonie Swann: Glennkill
15) Karin Slaugher: Kisscut
16) Lauren Weisberger: The Devil Wears Prada
17) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 20
18) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 21
19) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 22
20) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 23
21) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 24
22) Michael Mittermeier: Achtung Baby

The latter is a book by a German comedian on how he experienced his wife and his decision on having a baby, before, and during the pregnancy, as well as after the baby was born. Very funny! And I added the following books:

1) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 22
2) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 23
3) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 24
4) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 25
5) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 32
6) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 33
7) Gosho Aoyama: Case Closed 35

I already read 3 of those books. In total, I moved 15 books off Mr. TBR, so I would say it was a success!


No comments: