Friday, June 05, 2009

MotherReader's 48 Hour Read-A-Thon

Oops! So I have posted at MotherReader's blog that I will try to participate in her 48 Hour Read-A-Thon, but I completely forgot to post about it here..

To keep track of my reading hours, I will update this post every now and then. To keep track I'm actually using the stopwatch of my cell phone.

So far I have read:

Fri
1h 2min
3h 53min
16min

Sat
1h 44min
9min
5min
58min
3h 58min

Sun
1h 5min
3h 14min
2h 11min
4h 3min

=> 24h 38min

With this I have completed MotherReader's challenge. I didn't read 48 hours, but I think with a little over 24 hours I did pretty good. What I am especially sad about is that I didn't finish a single book. I read parts of three books, though. The first was Philip Roth's American Pastoral - actually, it should count as a whole book, because I read the parts that I did read twice... Then I read a bit of Charlaine Harris' Dead Until Dark. I really like it, but somehow I couldn't concentrate too well on it. The book I finally settled on yesterday afternoon was Margaret Grace's Malice In Miniature. I did read a good part of it, but I also didn't manage to finish it. I still can't concentrate too well *sigh*

6 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Sounds like you are doing well so far!

Liyana said...

That's great! Keep up the good work!

Stephanie said...

You're doing great! Have fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for the cheerleading :-)

MotherReader said...

Hint for next year - because you'll come next year, right? - have some light books to break things up. The success of finishing a book easily makes the next seem a little easier. Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot, MotherReader! I will try to take care of this. Usually, I fare pretty well with mysteries, but I've had some problems with my asthma and my allergies in the past 2 weeks. That hurt my concentration a lot :-(