Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Good Man Walks In

Number: 70
Title: A Good Man Walks In
Author: Ginna Gray
Started: July 12, 2007
Finished: July 12, 2007
Pages: 192
Genre: romantic mystery

Language: German

Where The Book Came From: From my bookshelf.

First Sentence: [translated by: me] Tom abruptly woke up.

Cover Blurb: [translated by: me] Alone in a romantic beach house in the Carrbieans with Tom McCall, whom she was raving about in her youth! But there's little time for passionate nights for Rebecca with the attractive FBI agent. She is on the run from her unpredictable dangerous ex-husband. And when she tracks her down, she also doesn't seem to be safe in Tom's arms...

Reason For Reading: I needed some fluff for bed-time and to disctract me from the upcoming examsn.

Comments: Well, the cover blurb is rather - umm - inaccurate? I mean, they are alone on small Carribean island - but passionate nights? Not so much, at least at first, and later to a certain degree only. And she's not safe in Tom's arms? You don't send a guy away who could take care of your aggressive ex just because the ex wants you to do this. If you do, you have to know that it's sort of a risk! Even if you want to show him you can stick up for yourself and don't need anyone, Tom could at least have stuck around!
I mean, it was such a typical TDTL situation.

Otherwise I really enjoyed Gray's characters and the setting, so the TDTL didn't rate it down any further.

Miscellaneous: The description of Tom (pirate-like - short hair on the sides and upfront, longer hair in the back, long dagger as an earring, unshaven etc.) made me laugh out loud as it is so not the typical appearance in a romance-like book!

Rating: B+

No comments: